The Canadian Immigrant Investor Program (comes under the Business Immigration
Program) seeks to attract experienced business people to invest $800,000 into
Canada's economy. Your investment is managed by Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) and is guaranteed by the Canadian provinces that use it to create
jobs and help their economies grow. CIC will return your $800,000 investment,
without interest, approximately five years and two months after payment.
Investors come to Canada from all over the world. Currently, the majority of
investors are from China, Taiwan, India, Korea and Hong Kong, but there are also
substantial numbers of investors applying from the Middle East and elsewhere.
In order to be eligible under the Immigrant Investor Program, you must:
- Have at least two years of business experience within the last 5 years or managing at least 5 full-time employees, each of whom, work for at least 1950 hours per year. You also need to be a part owner of this business.
- Have a net worth of at least CAN $1,600,000 that was legally obtained, and
be willing and able to make an investment of CAN $800,000.
- You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your
dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from
another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of
living for your family.
- Obtain a minimum of 35 points in the selection grid. These points are
given to you based on your Education, Business Experience, Age, Ability in
English and/or French and Adaptability in Canada. Complete our online
online assessment form to find out if you meet this requirement. If you do
meet this and other requirements, we will also provide you complete
information on Immigrating to Canada under the Business Investors Program
- Meet medical and security requirements. You and your family members must
pass a medical examination and security and criminal checks.
- Meet any other requirements of Canadian or Quebec immigration regulations.