The Investors category is one of the categories through which you can obtain a Permanent Residence status in Canada (Canadian Immigration). Once you have received your Canadian Immigration, you can freely live, work and study in Canada. You can also apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years. There are three different kinds of Investors categories of which the Federal Investor Class is the most popular. Here are the general requirements that a foreign national must meet in accordance with Canadian Immigration Regulations, in these 3 investor class immigration categories:
1) Federal Investor Class
2) Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
3) Other provinces in Canada- Immigrant Investor Program
Federal Investor Class
a) Minimum of 2 years active business experience within the last 5 years or managing at least 5 full-time employees, each of whom, work for at least 1950 hours per year.
You also need to be a part-owner of this business.
You must have a legally obtained minimum Net Worth of at least $1,600,000 Canadian dollars, and the assets of the spouse/common law partner of the foreign national can be included, to arrive to this figure.
The definition of "Net Worth" is an investor, other than an investor selected by a province, means the fair market value of all of assets of the investor and their spouse or common-law partner minus the fair market value of all their liabilities.
You need to invest $800,000 for 5 years, fully guaranteed by Government of Canada, returnable after 5 years, no interest paid, or you can invest only $180,000, which is not returnable to you.
You are also required to have a minimum of 35 points of assessment depending on your age, education, etc. You may complete our online online assessment form to find out if you meet this requirement. If you do meet this and the above requirements, we will also provide you complete information on Immigrating to Canada under the Business Investors Program.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
In addition, the province of Quebec has an Immigrant Investor Program. The criteria are:
a. Minimum of 2 years business experience, within the last 5 years, either as a part-time or full-time manager.
b. The investor, as a manager, must have the authority to be able to do planning and management, he/ she need not have control of the entire business. This means that even a middle level manager can apply as an investor. This also means that the investor qualifies if he/she is full-time in another occupation while working part-time in the business.
c. The business, being managed by the investor need not prove that it is profitable.
2) a. Legally obtained minimum net worth of at least $1,600,000 Canadian dollars, of the investor and his/her spouse together.
b. Any donations or inheritances received by the investor and his/her spouse, will be considered, as part of the $800, 000 provided they were received at least 6 months before applying to immigrate to Canada
3) Invest in Quebec, $800,000 Canadian dollars, for 5 years; guaranteed by the Quebec Government, returnable after 5 years, no interest paid
4) At the end of the five year term, the broker or trust company will, within 30 days, reimburse the applicant $800,000 CAN without interest. However, the amount may vary if the applicant secured financing for the investment.
5) You are also required to have a minimum of 40 points based on certain factors, that you will be assessed such as your age, education, your proficiency in the English language and the French language, your adaptability to Canada, which means how you will be able to adapt to Quebec society such as your knowledge of Quebec, its economy, your degree of preparation of immigration to Quebec, etc. You may complete our online online assessment form to find out if you meet this requirement. If you do meet this and the above requirements, we will also provide you complete information on Immigrating to Canada under the Business Investors Program.
6) The proper Canadian Embassy will, in many cases, not require an interview, with the investor.
If the investor applies under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, the time frame to process the Permanent Resident Visa, as a member of Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, is reduced to about 2 years.
Other provinces in Canada - Immigrant Investor Program
In addition to the province of Quebec, there are other provinces in Canada, that also have a Provincial Immigrant Investor Program, under the Provincial Nominee Class, which provided you qualify, may allow you to receive a Permanent Resident Visa, for you and your family members, if applicable, in about 2 years.
Please advise us, if you are able, to meet these requirements, and then we can continue on in terms of allowing our immigration experts to represent you, with regards to your application for a Permanent Resident Visa, as a member of the Federal Investor Class, or the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, for you and your family members if applicable. the first step would be to complete our online online assessment form so we can do a assessment to confirm that you qualify.